For Sale: “Venteux”
2016 Jeanneau 349
From the very first glance, the Sun Odyssey 349 captivates with her pure lines, generous interior volume and inviting cockpit. Designed by Marc Lombard and true to the values of the Sun Odyssey line, the 349 is the perfect combination of performance, comfort and safety at sea. Whether in the cockpit or at the helm, at anchorage or at sea, you will enjoy taking full advantage of this seaworthy, stable and easy-to-handle sailboat.
The interior is open and airy with ample headroom, light woods and colors and large windows and hatches. The galley includes a stove, oven and microwave. The head is to port and has a separate shower stall.
Venteux is a breeze to sail with all lines led aft to the helm and winches that are within easy reach of the helm. The mainsheet is double ended so that is can be controlled from either helm station. The twin rudder configuration results in very little weather-helm and twin steering wheels allow easy access to the dock or swim platform.
Venteux is a responsive, very well balanced, fun and fast sail boat with great cruising comforts. She sails very well in light air and points high upwind. She has out performed other larger cruisers during our informal races. She has a great interior layout, comfortable berths, excellent lighting and ventilation, and good storage. She gets great fuel mileage at cruising RPMs, burning only 0.5-0.6 gallons/hour at 2700 RPM. This gives her a cruising time of 57 hours and a range of 440 miles at 6.5 knots on a single tank of diesel fuel.
• The SO 349 won the Cruising World’s 2015 ‘Import Boat of the Year’ and the “2015 Pocket Cruiser Class.”
• after market adjustable bridle that serves as a traveller and modified friction ring adjusters. Both of these improve upwind performance.
• kevlar Code 0 sail with furler ($3,410), which enhances performance.
• brand new ATN ‘Gale Sail’ ($1,160) for use in stormy weather.
• 3-blade folding prop, which improves speed over a fixed prop when sailing and motoring forward.
• dual chart plotters, one of the port and the other on the starboard pedestal for easy navigation on any tack.
• telescoping ‘whisker pole’ with on deck mounts for sailing dead downwind under the jib/headsail.
• new batteries that were installed just prior to this season.
• standard mainsail for optimum sailing performance, speed, sail trim and fun..
• twin helms, twin rudders, and a hard chine, which provide greatly reduced weather helm when heeling and great upwind performance. Twin rudders also improve directional performance when motoring backward/astern.
• generous port side storage locker, which can hold lots of gear and bulky equipment and can be accessed from the cockpit.
SPECS & LAYOUT
Year, Make & Model
2016 Jeanneau 349
MC 1856 TX
21 hp Yanmar Diesel
Max Cruising Speed
1/2 – 3/4 gal/hr at cruising RPM
Speed and Depth – yes
Wind Speed / Direction – yes
GPS Chart plotter – yes
Autopilot – yes
Radar – no
Bow thruster – no
TV – no
DVD – no
CD – yes
MP3 / IPod Auxiliary Jack – yes
Satellite Radio – no
Satellite Weather – no
Maximum Sleeping Capacity – 6
Converting Salon Table – no. Table does not convert. There are two settees in the salon that could be used for single berths
Bedding & Linens – Optional
Air Conditioner / Heater
Dockside heat only via portable, plug-in space heater
GALLEY & HEAD
12 volt Fridge or Icebox
Fridge & Freezer
Stove Fuel – LPG
Oven – yes
Microwave – yes
Heads / Showers – 1 heads, 2 showers including transom shower.
Heads – manual pump or electric – Manual
Holding Tank Capacity
Fresh Water Capacity – 54 gallons
DECK & GEAR
Windlass – no
Electric Winches – no
Bimini – yes
Dodger – yes
Dinghy – Optional, no charge