The 2017 northern Michigan sailing season is just around the corner, as is the busy tourism and travel season.
It’s no secret that July and August are pretty crazy in these parts — schools are out, festivals are in full swing and the weather is ‘somewhat’ predictable (at least as predictable as it can be in northern Michigan).
Those are also our 2 busiest months — if you know that July and August is your window to sail, book now to guarantee the boat (or sailing class) and dates that work for you.
However, if you are a bit more flexible, consider our Early Season Getaway Special between May 1 and June 17.
Why sail during those dates?
- 25% discount – well, that’s pretty cool!
- Free Sleep Aboard the night before your charter starts ($100 value)
- Free Late Depart so you can stay aboard the night after your charter ends and leave the next morning ($200 value)
- Flexible cancellation policy
- Availability. You’re likely to have a wider range of boats to consider sailing.
- It’s quiet. Anchorages, marinas, restaurants. They’re all open. They’re all gearing up. But they’re not crazy busy yet.
- Work the forecast. Pay close attention to what Al Roker is saying. We’ve sailed in May with 80 degree weather. Remember, this is northern Michigan. If the forecast looks favorable, give us a call and book a charter.
- Explore. There are all kinds of anchorages, islands and harbor towns to explore.
- Why not?
Did you know?
- You can fit all of the U.S. & British Virgin Islands into our cruising grounds here in Grand Traverse Bay and northern LakeMichigan?! (OK, so St Croix is not on here and the Virgin Islands run East and West, not North and South…but you get the point).
- We are now an authorized Helly Hansen dealer! Be sure to check out our selection of fleece, outerwear, gloves and more when you arrive for your charter or sailing class.
Contact us to book your Early Season Getaway!